In September 2018 the ICU team submitted their project “Improving Qualitative and Quantitative ICU Antibiotic use at Canberra Hospital” for consideration at the 2018 Quality in Healthcare ACT Awards.
The Quality in Healthcare ACT Awards showcase the achievement and dedication of individuals and teams who make significant positive contributions to the health sector. They also recognise innovations that improve the delivery of person-centred, safe, and efficient healthcare within the Australian Capital Territory.
This year, there are five award categories:
- Person-centred – how well an individual or team co-design care and treatment with patients, consumers, and carers. This includes initiatives to improve the patient or staff experience.
- Safety – reductions in harm, and improvements in processes to deliver enhanced patient safety.
- Effectiveness – evidence based practices that deliver benefits and improvements to patients.
- Efficiency – new developments and methods to avoid waste, including waste of equipment, supplies, time, and energy.
- Student – improvements led by health sector students.